I know what you are thinking...she is going to list all the things she needs to get done but I am not. My heart has been tugged recently by a blog...http://aholyexperience.com/ . The author is part of a group listing 1,000 items they are thankful for... not collectively but individually. It has inspired me. So often I think of the never-ending to-do lists or the things I want to change list but never often enough... the Things I am THANKFUL for list. So I begin today on a journey...
(MY LIST IS NOT ANY PARTICULAR ORDER JUST THE RANDOMNESS OF MY MIND.)
1. Young love...beginning of a lifetime of growing together...when you sat too close in public, held hands ALWAYS, talked on the phone incessantly, and long good night kisses. (yes that was us)
2. His Smile3. His laugh
4. His arms around me
5. His promise to always stay with me
8. the feeling of a just swept and mopped floor.
9. hot showers
10. the quiet that falls on my house when all the little bodies are asleep in bed
11. crayons
12. looking up through the trees to see a beautiful blue sky
13. old windows that have imperfections in the glass so that things are slightly blurred as you look out
14. my best friend from college

I have been blessed by that blog as well. I especially loved the one about the "count your blessings". We are going to start doing this at the end of the day with our girls. For the list of thankfulness - do you just do parts of the list or do you do it on certain days? How do you get to a 1000?
ReplyDeletethis is good stuff. in part, i think it means we need to hold hands more. funny, i had some free time at the doctor's office today so i spent it reading the poster listing stuff to be thankful for. hmmm.
ReplyDeleteI love it - I've been putting my list together too!
ReplyDeleteBeing reading this blog like a hound dog. Such a blessing from Jesus!
ReplyDeleteYour list is beautiful, especially number 1. Love John's comment, love the picture and the two of you "before" God started this amazing family and love you share.
P.S. The cow eyeball was last week and I was sleeping when John did it.
beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOkay, get a room... (Or a house with kids!)
ReplyDelete