Well, if you watched the video below your sides may be hurting. When my hubbie watched it I bet he was rolling on the floor. YES, he literally rolls on the floor when he is completely overcome with hysterical laughter. Even watching himself. I love it. CUZ I never roll on the floor when I laugh. I mean I hardly laugh. We have discovered that when I am pregnant that my belly jiggles like a bowl of jelly when I laugh. And no...despite the fact that I have been accused of being pregnant 2 times in the past 2 months, I am not pregnant. I am totally gonna burn that shirt (I was wearing it both times)...well, except, I really like it. That is why I joined Weight Watchers.
I was just watching that video...that my dear sweet friend Heather {TexasAggiesinFl blogging friend, and let our kids sit together in the same booth at a restaraunt while we sit at the next booth over until they are making a train around the restaraunt friend} posted that on my blog for me. She took the video of our two hubbies at VBS a few weeks ago. Her hubbie is the guy my hubbie dances around. He is children's pastor at a church a few blocks from my house. They were so funny together. They really played off of each other well. God can use laughter in amazing ways. I have to say childrens' ministry has come a long way since I was a kid.
But as I watched it for the 3rd time...tears rolled down my cheeks. Not tears of joy but sadness. I miss him. My kids miss him. I want him home doing the potty dance for our dear sweet Cheney when she goes #2 on the big potty. I want him to pick up Elijah and body slam him on the big bed. I want to hear him telling Layton how beautiful and smart she is. I want to tell him to look at the baby and share in amazement at how fast he is growing. I want to be wrapped tight in his arms.
I want to be selfish. I want to keep him near. But I know he is doing exactly what God built him for. And God is using it to help me lean on Him, to reach out to my Christian sisters, to be a better mom. I went to church with my mom tonight for Wednesday night prayer service. Pastor (who used to be my old youth pastor) shared James 5:19-20
19My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, 20remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.
It made me think of you, Babe. You are out there saving people from death. DEATH...thank you for surrending to your calling. Thank you for nurturing me so I am not soooo dependent on you. I love you with all my heart and I could not ask for a better husband or father for our children.
I just have to say - I think you are awesome for taking care of the kids (your calling) while he is out sharing the gospel. I can't imagine how hard it must be! I miss my husband terribly when he is late coming home, but to be gone as much as yours simply amazes me at your grace!
ReplyDeleteI fail so often to handle it with grace. I am striving to receive God's grace in it more and more.
ReplyDeleteyou have a great attitude! Lance only travels in the summer and I struggle, but to do it all year, you are doing great!
ReplyDeletewow, what a super encouraging note?! thank you babygirl.
ReplyDeletei will be home in 20 hours.
tick tock tick tock.
Okay, no more prairie dog dance of doom for you!
ReplyDeleteKidding. I was in tears when I watched it too. Tears because I WISH I COULD DANCE LIKE THAT!
Okay, now seriously. I hear the cost of RV's has gone down significantly with the gasoline crisis. Ever thought of selling the house and traveling with him? Nevermind, that's a TERRIBLE idea! You're NOT leaving me!
Yes, we have thought of the whole RV thing. No place for a baby to learn to crawl in one of those things....maybe when we can afford the RV and a house. God could do it!
ReplyDelete((((Kathryn)))
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing to see how God has worked over the years. I remember back when He was preparing you for all this, and I love to see how He has worked in and through you. I know He will continue to do so.
Love you, friend!
Michelle