Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Officially birthday-ed




Layton turned 7 on July 3rd but due to Cheney and Nathaniel's bronchial infections we didn't have her birthday party on her actual birth day. We had blueberry muffins for breakfast with a candle in its. We however went to the pool that dayIt was a big day because it was the first time they ever went off a diving board. Daddy was so excited. He started diving competitively at 5 years old. So it means alot for his kids to be excited about it too. We had a great time at the pool and then to CiCi's pizza afterwards. Thank you Texas Aggies in Florida for joining us!!!
Finally YESTERDAY we had Layton's "real" party. We had 8 little girls over for about 2 hours along with our 4 kiddos. Luckily, Nathaniel slept upstairs through most of it. Layton wanted a party with an Hawaiian theme. So we made grass skirts from brown craft paper, tissue paper flowers to put behind their ears, and beaded necklaces with a sea theme. We had a birthday cookie from Wal-Mart (my first store bought birthday confection). I felt a bit guilty about buying a cake because I have always made something but it was WELL worth the $8.88. Everyone got a little slice and enjoyed it. We had fruit (pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, and grapes in little muffin cups with toothpicks.) and Hawwaiian Fruit Punch with little straws that had umbrellas on them that really went up. Layton gave each girl a lei upon their arrival and said "Aloha," of course. Elijah passed out the goodie bags that included a pen and lollipop ring.

This was my first kid party with inviting more than 3 kids. It was crazy and fun. I couldn't have done it without my dear friends Heather and Shelly. I don't think they realized they would be working when they said they would stay for the party. They manned the skirt making table...well actually made all the skirts while I helped the girls get started on their tissue paper flowers and make their necklaces. I don't know what I was thinking trying to make so much stuff with girls ranging from ages 3 to 10( and one boy- Elijah). I don't think the three year olds actually made anything. There were 2 three olds, 3 five year olds, 1 seven year old, 3 eight year olds, one 9 year old and one 10 year old.



Today, my camera has a blurry spot in it...I don't know what happened. Hopefully I can figure it out or it will just go away. Maybe the lens just needs to be cleaned.

3 comments:

  1. 7!? That's hard to believe! I know it's true, and I knew that her birthday had passed, but it just hit me that she's 7.

    Sounds like a fun party!
    Twinkling,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including us on all the festivities. We're honored to have been a part of the celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like it was a great time!

    ReplyDelete