Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Praises

Praise God...Jeremy and Carmen gave birth to Sarah Joy on Monday at 12:35. I should say...Carmen gave birth, right? She said she was a bit sore and tired but that Sarah was beautiful and it was all worth it. Carmen was able to get her epidural for the induction and besides some concerns for the baby right after delivery because of lowered heart rate due to the cord wrapped around her neck all things went well. I was able to speak to Carmen for just a brief moment today to find out how things went because they were in the car on their way home!!! I did get to see a picture of the 6 pound 6 ounce cutie on my cell phone on Monday evening. How fun is technology!!!

Jessica is home recovering. I am so impressed with how her family has handled all that they have had to deal with this year. I was talking to my friend, Heather, and saying I can't remember Jess's family ever having to go to the hospital sooo much. I know that Satan would just want to make things as difficult as possible for them as they are seeking God's will and following Him in the call on their lives to be missionaries. I am so proud of them. It is so neat to watch people grow in Christ. Her family and mine were all buddies as we served together in youth ministry at the first church John was on staff at full time. I guess you could say we have watched each other grow into God's calling on our lives. I just know we will be connected for life because of it!!! It is such a privelege to be bonded together with such amazing brothers and sisters in Christ!!!

I have not heard any news about dear sweet Jameson. I have asked to be on the email list from their Sunday School since we aren't attending their church anymore but are friends with many in their class. I don't want to call and bug the family so I just ask God to hold them in His hands. I just continue to pray for God to bless them with rest and comfort. Melisa's boys and my first two kids are exactly the same amount of time apart. Her boys are both four months older than my two oldest kiddos. I remember when she shared with us the revelation that God wanted them to have another child. It was so exciting. Shortly after that she got pregnant with Jameson. I know that GOD has an amazing plan for this child's life. Even though this is a difficult time for them...how difficult I can't even imagine...They are God's people and I know He is walking them through this. I beg God to heal Jameson's condition and allow God to receive all the amazing Glory for it!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking the same thing about Jess! It seems like satan attacked them in the only way he could - their health. They have come so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn:
    Thank you so much for your friendship and kind words. You are right about the hospital visits. Between my knee surgery, my migraines, the Kidney stones, Parker's pneumonia, Parker's dislocated jaw and Jaxson's tonselectomy, we have spent TOOO much time at Clinica Biblica. But it's strange b/c normally I would care so much what people think, but God is giving me peace as we go through each journey. And I realize that there is a blessing in each one and that God is teaching me more and more about trusting Him.

    Anyway, watching you and John step out in faith so many times really encouraged me and helped us to do the same thing. At times, I was so amazed at your faith in situations that were so unknown (like John starting the ministry right when Cheney was born and when you guys headed to the Oaks). Anyway, I am so thankful for the 7 years we have know each other and for how much God has grown us both. It's incredible! And so is he!

    Love ya...

    ReplyDelete