Monday, July 7, 2008

Pray for Kids at Florida Super Summer

Please pray for the kids at camp this week.

John is at the Florida Baptist Convention's youth camp called Super Summer. In its hey day it ran about 1,000 kids. This year it only runs about 250. John is there as a leader for the 11th and 12th graders. This is his first year to work with this camp. It is a different role than he is used to at camp. Normally he is the lead speaker when he goes. I know God has a plan to use John. I am so thankful John is willing to serve no matter the position.

Today he called me to let me know of a tragedy for one of the youth groups there. A group of about 75 youth received a call that a Sunday School teacher and her son were killed in a car accident today. This group is greiving tonight. The leaders have rearranged the schedule to help accomodate this process tonight. As I type, they are in their large group worship experience. Please pray that the students and leaders from the church will feel God's presence and trust in Him as they walk through this tragedy. Already students from other churches are reaching out to this group. Pray for wisdom for them and the leaders at the camp to be sensitive to what God would have them do in regards to this situation.

I believe God has major plans this week for the students and leaders. God is good all the time even when we walk through such tragedies.

1 comment:

  1. How sad. I'm glad they were there where they could be surrounded by a focus on the source of all comfort while they began their grief process. This experience will be transformational in their lives.
    I'm just reading this now, but praying anyway.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete