In sleep not in blogs. We went to bed last night at 8:30. I got up and fed baby at 3:45 and then we didn't get up again until 6:45. Wow!!! Amazing. The kids and I even napped today.
John got home Friday afternoon from camp. We went out to eat and shopping to buy some shoes for John to go with his brand new suit. We didn't find the shoes he wanted so he wore some he already had...and Boy, did he look good on Sunday morning preaching in the pulpit at Lakeside Baptist in Lakeland. My sexy man of God!!! We headed over to Lakeland on Saturday and swam at a city pool. Only 3 bucks a person and you could take in your very own snacks. It was great fun for me and the kids to get to know the youth from camp from last week. We went to dinner Saturday night with the pastor and youth pastor and their wives. We left our kids at a houseful of teenage girls and a mom. I think there were more care givers than children needing child care. They had a blast. When we got home yesterday afternoon every one was so tired. We just layed around and watched movies.
OK...today was a bit frustrating. Ever have one of those days where you unknowingly sabotage yourself. Well, I did. Our oldest had her 7 year check up today. YES 7 years...it's crazy! Well we got there on time at 8:40. Amazing for me to actually be on time to an appointment with all four kids in tow. At about 9:15 I was noticing that several people who had come in after us were going in before us to the same doctor. I graciously asked the receptionist why this might be...maybe our file had been misplaced. She then explained to me that my appt. was at 9:40. She had wondered why we were so early. I wish she had mentioned that to me.
NINE forty, people. My poor kiddos had been waiting SSSSOOOOOO well. I don't allow them to play with toys in the doctor's offices. I mean who needs to come back at the end of the week because we picked up something while we were in the doctors office for a well-check. Get my drift? Anyway I told the receptionist we would run and errand and be back but she suggested I wait because we were next in line. Yeah right!!! We went in to see the doctor at 10:00. UGH!!! Cheney by that time had had enough of sitting and was proclaiming her thirst and hunger loudly because it was snack time. Nathaniel had given up his sweet demeanor as well. The receptionist was so apologetic. She was very sweet. It wasn't her fault. It was mine. But it was just soooo frustrating. Then my oldest proceeded to protest VERY LOUDLY at having to get a second chicken pox shot and get her finger pricked. Not such a good idea to take the younger 3 children to an older child's appointment when she is getting shots...I will make note of that.
Oh...well it was not a fun start to our day. And one day I will laugh at it.
Hubbie let me have the night out tonight. Woohoo! I got a couple hours to myself and got a few things done. It was nice to have a quiet dinner at Nature's Table while I read through some of our new home school curriculum. Woohoo, KONOS!!! We are going to have a blast. More on homeschool curriculum in a few days.
why don't you take a few days away to do some antiques shopping, maybe hit the spa, and do a little scrapbooking as well.
ReplyDeleteQuick, Kathryn, take him up on it before he has time to change his mind or say he was joking! RUN!
ReplyDeleteum, excuse me mr. evans - would you pretty please talk to my husband?
ReplyDeleteha - Kathryn I had a similar experience when Hank was real little - they however, forgot to put our chart back - so we got skipped, and skipped, and skipped - and I just wrote it off to a sick visit. I had to nurse IN THE WAITING ROOM because we sat there for over an hour before I finally asked what on earth was going on! Jake was so bored because I too don't let them touch the toys! I don't even know why they're there!?