Cheney runs around our house saying, "I a Super Mommy to the Rescue. " Remember those days when you were little and your mom could kiss a boo-boo away. Your Mom just seemed to make everything OK. Well, my Mom is still doing that for me. I have had a long week with John being gone. Being overwhelmed I had asked Mom if I could come over sometime with the kids and just hang out. Well, as we were on the phone this morning discussing it, my mom realized I just really needed some help around here. So she brought lunch and dinner, several new outfits that actually fit me and folded clothes and swept floors and hugged kids and well you name it she did it. She even made me take a shower. Yeah, it's been one of those weeks.
She actually stopped at Ross on the way here and found some great clothes for me. We had gone shopping last week to find some clothes to fit this post-pregnant body of mine and out of the around 100 items I tried on, we came home with three. No exaggerating...it was very discouraging. Well, today she went to Ross on her way here and came with close to a dozen and an amazing brown purse to go with the dress we bought last week that I just love and I am going to wear to my lil' brothers wedding in a month. I'll have to take some pictures when I get all fixed up.
Thanks MOM for helping me get out of my slump today. You are a Super Mommy and I feel rescued!!!
What is going on in this town??? Satan is on the prowl BIG TIME! I have done nothing but cry all day today and all night and I'm SO not like that. And it's not even my time of the month. I had like 5 bad things happen to me today. I didn't know you were by yourself all week, we would have totally gotten out. I'm doing the women's conference this weekend. Maybe next week we can hook up and "play" or eat or both.
ReplyDeleteYea for Mom! I was about to write "Aren't you glad you get to do that one day for your girls or daughters-in-law?" But I guess we are actually doing that right now- they just don't appreciate it as much. I do hope you start feeling better soon. I will be praying for you. It is hard being a 'single' mom, isn't it? You're an awesome wife and mother, Kathryn. I think a lot of you.
ReplyDeleteAren't mom's wonderful? My mom is still great at cheering me up - even a thousand miles away! My brother in law is getting married in a month as well - I'm hoping to get some pictures of our family when we are all dressed up too (it doesn't happen often!).
ReplyDeleteHope you have a better week this week!
what a great mom! it's wonderful to have a mom close by to offer up much needed love and encouragement!
ReplyDeleteI was so touched to read how your mom ministered to you. There are some things only a mom can do. What a blessing for you. Keep opening your Bible each day. The light from it always gets me thru those blues. I'll be praying for you!
ReplyDelete