Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Dad's family has a get together around my Papa's birthday each year. We got to go to the Morris family reunion this past weekend in Pensacola. A few years back my mom added to the fun by beginning what is now an annual tradition as well, Pumpkin carving! Last year, my immediate family didn't get to go because I had been told I would probably be on bed rest for the last few months of my pregnancy so we didn't risk the trip. My kids and I really miss this time when we can't go because it is usually the only time we get to see my Papa, Aunts and Uncles and Cousins each year. Needless to say we really enjoyed the time this year.


I only took a few pictures at my family reunion this past weekend. Then the kids got a hold of the camera. TOO FUNNY!

My brother and his dear sweet wife and all four of our kids.
Spunky-sized pumpkin!

Daddy helping care her pumpkin.
Spunky said her pumpkin was a princess.
She decorated it with markers. Lady carved a pumpkin ALL by herself!!! I am serious...scraped out the guts and used those cute little orange pumpkin carving tools!!! She was so proud and so was I!
Side one of Lady's- skinny mouth Second Side of Lady's - Boo mouthAunt Meredith comes from a family of serious pumpkin carvers. They cut out the bottom rather than the top. Uncle Matt and Aunt Meredith make a great team. Aunt Meredith and Uncle Matt's pumpkin is winking...
we nicknamed it Sarah Pumpkin in honor of Palin. Grandma helped Dynamo with his. Dynamo's pumpkin is the goblin on the left.
All the activity wore Dimples out before we even got back to the hotel. Grandma didn't mind.

Our kids...3 to a hotel bed - sideways.

OK...the kids took the rest of these pictures.
I like how this pic of MeMaw's goldfish turned out.
See the ripples in the water? Spunky is posing for the camera. Do you see modeling in her future?
However, today she told me she wants to be a Mommy who buys candy and is a doctor.
Lady loves posing too.
Papa Mack (my grandad) is 82 this week!
MeMaw (papa's wife) got surprised by the kids taking a picture, I think.
My Uncle...people really seem to cheese it up when the kids are behind the camera.My Aunts and someone's behind....the kids need some work on the composition of a photo. Hee,hee!

Pumpkins in twilight. Lady took this of the other kids and their pumpkins. Can I just say that uploading pictures on Facebook is soooo much easier than on Blogger...UGH! Hope someone looks at them!

4 comments:

  1. cute - looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've some good photographers there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute pics! Thanks for the effort to load the pics - it looks like fun times were had and great memories were made. It is also great to see your mom and Matthew.

    ReplyDelete