Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Lake House!

This past week, Hubby had Wednesday and Sunday at the church where he is interim youth pastor. (He does 3 Wednesdays and one Sunday a month basically.) So rather than driving there and back both days, a family offered for us to stay in their lake house.


It was such a huge, amazing blessing.


We were there less than 2 hours when Spunky said, "I want to stay here forever!!!" and we hadn't even gone outside yet. I have to say fun was had by all!!!

Dimples had his first introduction to grass. He seemed to like it.

Spunky chillin' on the dock while the others jetski.

Daddy skiing!
Kids chillin'!
Our girls and our host's youngest daughter chatting.


Dimples likes the boat ride!!! The kids starting to tube...before it flipped...don't ask.


Watching the kids getting ready to tube. Daddy and Dynamo and Lady on the tube!
Dimples has almost had enough.



I think Spunky is completely done, wouldn't you say?
I have to say that coming back to our house was bitter sweet. You know how it is...you love home because it's home. But all the room, the outdoors, jetski's and boat rides. Hmmm, ya' miss those. I have to say my body is very sore today from the 60 mph jetski trip I took across the choppy lake. But man it was fun. What a way to get out any frustrations. Hubby played tennis and golf and went to the UCF game with some guys. The kids and I hung out at the lake house with some friends and just relaxed. I got treated to a night out at one of those paint-your-own- pottery places and free babysitting from some some really great teen girls.
It was a great "stay-cation." We didn't even have to leave our own state. There was no rain and it felt like fall...you know in the low 80's. Great for lake activities. Not hot and definitely not cold. I am so thankful for how this family blessed us this past week.
When we got home Sunday night, Spunky said..."But Mom, I said I wanted to stay there forever!!!" I think she meant it.

No comments:

Post a Comment