Sunday, October 12, 2008

a moment of thanksgiving

these should be numbered but I just need to be thankful and maybe I'll come back and number these again sometime...

Thankful for a husband who loves me...who loved me earlier in our dating relationship than I loved him and he still loves me. It is not always an easy task to love me.

Thankful for dimples in cheeks and chins of little faces filled with smiles.

Thankful for music...it moves me...it is a language that speaks to my spirit. Thanks God for the ears to hear it and being so creative and allowing humans in on that creativity in so many ways.

Thankful for pockets of sun surrounded by dark clouds...it was so amazing today at the beach how the clouds surrounded us but the sun remained over us for a few hours.

Thankful for how vast the ocean is at I look at it from the sand...it is small compared to God...HOW AMAZING!

Thankful for how Little Lady noticed that the beach can be different everyday...the shape of the sand had changed today from yesterday. yet those big rocks were still there. You are our ROCK, LORD!!! Thank you for being our foundation and NEVER CHANGING!

Thankful for the wind...it cleanses my spirit. Blow, LORD, over me...through me...I want to soar freely on the wind like the birds did today at the coast...free from my selfish desires. Resting in YOU...relating to YOU...trusting YOU and not my own desires or motives or senses.

3 comments:

  1. nice blog background - I'm liking this one best.

    I agree, love the wind- this afternoon was especially windy, loved every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for friends that remind me of things to be thankful for!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankful that we have internet to connect so that I can know what you are thankful for! :)

    ReplyDelete