
John has had to postpone the 3degrees fundraiser golf tournament that was scheduled for tomorrow until September 12th. We are hoping this doesn't mean a drop in attendance but an increase. We know God has awesome plans for using John's gifts and talents to reach young people. God keeps providing opportunities for John to minister and keeps reaching students through him. He has provided for us over and over and over when it just didn't make sense. In the 3 years since we stepped out in faith to begin the non-profit 3 degrees, inc. God has continued to provide for John's travel to events and also provided for us as a family. We will pray for a great day of golf and beautiful weather on September 12th so people can be introduced to the ministry that is 3degrees and seek God for wisdom in joining us in this faith venture.
My boy...that is John my hubbie, was built for reaching out to young people. I am always blown away at how he connects with young people. He walks into a room and is able to assess a group spiritually very quickly. It is truly a GOD-given gift. He builds relationships with people in five minutes that I would never even be able to cultivate in years. Seriously! I am so proud of him. God even built him with this amazing sense of style. I definitely don't have it. And honestly...sometimes style helps when you are talking to teens.
Recently he has made a change in his hair style. One with which I was somewhat saddened at first but it has grown on me. I guess he may even look younger bald...is that possible? I do miss the golden spiked fohawk though!!! (not shown in the before picture)
Before: (with hair and mustache)
Poser. He just wants to be like Pastor Cary! HA! I'm kidding. Listen, the whole bald thing...it can really spice up your love life. I cannot share more details online. However, remind me in person!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are okay - I thought about you when I heard about Fay! Lance has the same do minus the facial hair!
ReplyDeleteOK...my hubby may make me ban you from my blog with comments like taht, texas aggie. Hee,hee!
ReplyDeleteoops, sorry.
ReplyDeleteHey, at least John is bald by choice. My husband...well...it was more like, "How long are you going to pretend there's hair under that comb-over?"