Monday, August 25, 2008

Consider me a little slow... I need a teacher's manual for most things. Remember I used to be a school teacher in profession. So thanks for letting me share my insights with you. Most of you that read this have already figured this out. But if you needed a little help in this area...look at the websites I have listed.

Moms- Think about how Moses was protected by his mother and then how she spent the first 3 or so years nursing her own child for Pharaoh’s daughter. Can you imagine how she must have spoke into him God’s truth while she nursed him and then with confidence in God’s providence passed her son back to Pharaoh’s daughter trusting GOD to watch over him? What FAITH!!!

God has recently re-impressed upon my heart the importance of our influence on our children as mothers. In listening to www.reviveourhearts.com , on Friday August 22nd and Monday August 25th. The title for Friday was Parenting under Providence and can be read or listened to at http://www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/roh/today.php?pid=10003I would encourage you to listen to both these programs.
This encouraged me to take every opportunity to speak God’s truth into our children even as babies. For some reason, I never thought of having a “curriculum” of sorts to build into my babies like this. I have found a website that has a curriculum for babies that includes educational goals but also scripture to read to your babies as they develop. If you, like myself, want to build God’s truths into your child but need some guidance I encourage you to look at this curriculum and see what this mom/educator has created to get some ideas of how to do it. http://www.letteroftheweek.com/nursery_age_0.html
The home page that this curriculum is found on is at http://www.letteroftheweek.com/Preparatory.html I have found it to be a valuable resource in thinking about how I can prepare my children educationally for school but now also how I can purposefully build a spiritual foundation for my children and trust God to work in their hearts. DON’T be intimidated by this outline of information that she encourages mothers to do with her kids. You can just read aloud the scripture that you are reading in your daily quiet times to your children. GOD promises HIS WORD will not go away void.
I hope this encourages you ladies!!! Love in Christ, Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. It also reminds me that no amount of time is certain - so waiting until they're "old enough" could be for not.

    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your new layout!

    ReplyDelete