Sunday, June 29, 2008

What time is it???

I should be asleep. I am sure that if I go to sleep one of my children will wake me up. Recently they take turns waking up in the middle of the night. It isn't so bad because it often makes for really sweet cuddle time. Last night Nathaniel and Cheney took turns and I was so tired this morning when I got up. But for some reason tonight I am having trouble sleeping. What's a girl to do? Cleaning would be to noisy...so I guess blog.

I suppose my problem is over stimulation. Have you ever heard of that with babies? The less sleep and more activity they have the less sleepy the next night they actually are. Well over the the past 18 hours, I have had 3 adult activities outside of the house. Way more adult interaction than this stay-at-home mom is used to.

Friday, I got to have lunch with My mom and new sis-in-law. Nathaniel went but he doesn't interrupt the conversation yet. It was lots of fun to spend time with my lil' bros wife. I still can't get over the fact that he's married. I am 11 years older than him and remember changing his diapers. He got a real sweet gal and I am so happy for them.

Today, I went with a friend of mine to get our makeup done with Bare Escentuals. (probably not spelling that right.) Then we went to lunch. It was the FIRST time John has kept all four of the kids. He even had to make Nathaniel a bottle. They all lived through it.

Then tonight John and I had a date night. Dinner at a place we like to go...Cafe TuTu Tango. It's a funky artsy place with multicultural appetizers. Then we went to see a movie, Incredle Hulk. This is only the third time that we have left all four of the kids with a someone. I just haven't been sure I wanted to do that to anyone just yet. But our dear sweet sitter promised me they were really great. She was even disappointed we got home as early as we did because she was about to do the dishes. Gotta love a girl like that. John even asked her to go ahead and plan sitting next weekend for us too. Woohoo!!! That's a GREAT hubbie!!!

5 comments:

  1. How awesome, a date with your hubby...what's that like? It's been a while around here. We just seem to do family dates! :0) Sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I please have your babysitter? :) She sounds like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want your sitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sinning over here. JEALOUSY has set in! Complete jealousy! Oh I'm happy for you and you deserve it, but I'm also totally jealous all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell John I am proud of him! :)

    Sounds like a great day. I bet you can't wait until next week.

    I miss all those kiddos. Your family is precious.

    ReplyDelete