My hubbie has a knack for writing poems about people. On Father's day, I tried my hand at creating one about him.
Ode to John R. Evans
I want to share a little bit with you about this man I call husband,
since childhood he has had a deep-rooted love for the Nike Brand.
Frequently you will hear him joyfully singing a song
but he hates it when you put the brush in a place that is wrong
He has always been very conscious of style,
he even wore diamond earrings when I walked down the wedding aisle.
The best instigator of family time in the big bed,
He says he knew on our first date that we would wed
On his children’s tooshies he likes to pinch,
though he doesn’t know quite what to do with a wrench.
Even though he vowed he never would do it,
he lovingly cleans the bottoms on which our children sit.
It really has to be raining hard before he turns on the windsheild wipers.
He never forgets to take out the trash, even if it is full of diapers.
God built him to share His truth with lots of students and teens,
however, he never ever eats his veggies even green beans.
His life goal used to be to see his name up in lights as an actor
that has to do with the fact that he has a really high coolness factor.
Even though his hair has been known to be various shades of bleached blonde
there is not a young person with which he cannot bond.
Our kiddos and I miss him while he is sharing the gospel and from our house is gone!
But no matter where he is, he is their beloved Daddy and My John.
Happy Father’s Day 2008 , My Dear,
Kathryn
Precious! You're a great poem writer! I'm all teary eyed!
ReplyDeletevery nice - you did great!
ReplyDeleteI love it. You guys are so sweet.
ReplyDeleteNow I want an ode, too!
This poem is great too- I'm sure he loved it.
ReplyDelete