- I am thankful that we have indoor plumbing and that we can afford to pay our water bill while the toilet leaks about a bucket of water every 6 hours. I am thankful that we have a friend in the building industry that has called a plumber for us so we can get lower rates than normal.
- I am thankful that I can see the trees outside and that is is beautiful day as I look through the window where the blinds just fell on me. I am thankful that Walmart is close so I can buy some new ones. I am thankful we have money to buy new blinds. (the really cheap kind...maybe that is why they keep breaking.)
- I am thankful that my #3 is 3 today even if if means that her new found ability to share her desires has just begun this past week with screaming and crying fits. I am thankful that I got to hold her for about an hour until she finally fell asleep yesterday at nap after being carried back upstairs to her bed at least 5 times. I am thankful I had the self control to not use the popper(wooden spoon) or my #3 might have been taken away from me yesterday.
- I am thankful my husband loves the Lord and is willing to serve him even if that means it takes him to New Mexico for 8 days.
- I am thankful there are only 6 days left.
- I am thankful my #2 is finally willing to wipe his bottom when he goes #2 even if it means I have to go dig the toilet paper out of the potty upstairs right now because it is stopped up. Maybe I could wait for the plumber on that potty too.
- I am thankful that #2 went right back to bed at 1:30 this morning.
- I am thankful that #3 didn't wake up and crawl in bed with me at 4 this morning for the third day in a row.
- I am thankful that #4 slept all night long even if #1 woke up at 11:00 last night and got in bed with me and woke me up several times by putting her feet across my body. I am not sure how she stays on her twin bed because she sleeps horizontally on my queen size one. I am thankful she can move her legs.
- I am thankful I have a friend who is willing to take her two girls and meet us at Monkey Joes for birthday playdate this afternoon and who is willing to be flexible and wait and see what time since we don't know when the plumber will get here.
- I am thankful that I am going to go take a shower after I unclogging the toilet upstairs...the last time I showered was Sunday morning...ssshhhh...that's just between us.
- I am thankful that my girls are very verbal even if that means I have to go break up an argument right now. I am thankful I can walk in there to do that.
- I am thankful I have a washer and dryer and that Ihave a couch to pile up the clean clothes on.
- I am thankful God is in the midst of this craziness and somehow He is teaching me I can't do this all on my own. I desperately need HIM!!! HE will see us through all these little details and HE will mold me if I will just surrender. I am thankful for HIS forgiveness when I don't.
- I am thankful my kids always forgive me when I turn into a bear. I am trying to not growl at them and I am trying to be a better example to my bear cubs.
- I am truly thankful for the 4 amazing creatures that God has given me to watch over. I am thankful for my amazing husband and I am so looking forward to our vacation in Myrtle Beach next week. I am counting the days until I can hand #4 over to my dear sweet Mother-in-law and I can go take a nap at the pool. You'll do that for me won't you, MaMaw?
Well, I better go...I have A LOT to be thankful for!!!!!!
wow, I'm exhausted just reading this - you do have much to be thankful for, but you also deserve that vacation and nap next week! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteLove it. What a great way to vent! I'll have to remember that.
ReplyDelete((((Kathryn))))
ReplyDeleteI love you, friend. I am thankful for YOU.
Twinkling,
Michelle
well I'm thankful you're okay and blogging with spirit! This too shall pass!
ReplyDeleteI'm thankful for our friendship and the friendship of our children and we had an awesome time at Monkey Joe's today for Cheney's birthday!!! But would you believe it's almost 10 p.m. and my kids are STILL AWAKE after all that jumping??? What did they put in those peanut butter crackers?
ReplyDeleteI should clarify "Friendship of our children". I mean I'm thankful that OUR children are friends with YOUR children, not that I'm thankful my children are my friends...ew...that's just wierd!
ReplyDelete