Saturday, June 7, 2008

Ups and downs...come and go...but souls for the Lord last FOREVER!


Thursday night...not as good as Wednesday's but at least I had Wednesdays.
On Friday, we hung around here and I scrubbed the living room floor on my hands and knees. Very therapeutic.
Went to DQ for dinner with the munchkins.

Nice to get out and have fun with them. Trip to Walmart and then home. Was going to put them straight to bed but Cheney was covered in chocolate ice cream. So put girls in bath while I started to nurse the baby. Next thing I know I am walking in to the bathroom to see Cheney squatting in the back of the tub, Layton standing under the shower with the shower curtain open holding an open umbrella. YES I SAID AN OPEN UMBRELLA. Yes the shower was on. I almost laughed and started singing "Singing in the Rain" until I felt myself and the baby slipping because of the water...falling and crashing into the ceramic toilet tank and sobbing hysterically. Yes, both of us were crying at this point. I am so thankful I was able to keep from dropping or falling on the baby. We did both end of up with goose eggs on our heads. And my entire left side is sore. But we didn't have to make any hospital visits.
OK,OK... I shouldn't leave children in the tub alone. They are 6 and 3. But it was really just for a few minutes. I had just barely gotten settled on the couch. Elijah somehow got them the umbrella. We had a talk about foolishness and its consequences and how serious the injuries could have been. They all seemed very repentent.
Anyway they all went straight to bed. Nathaniel was fussy with congestion this morning so I just focused on him. The unrefrigerated bags from Walmart stayed on the floor until sometime this evening. Cheney ended up with a fever up to 103.3 and fussing when she pees. I think it is an infection. My mom came over and got us all settled for dinner and brought every kind of liquid possible to tempt Cheney into drinking. By the time Mom left to pick up my Dad from the airport, Cheney had eaten, temp dropped and she was dancing around as if everything was fine. All went to bed fairly easily and I am going there quickly myself. Hopefully we will have a calm night. Probably going to take Cheney to a clinic in the morning. We will see. I wanted to go to church but not too big on putting kids in the nursery within 24 hours of having a fever even if they aren't showing symptoms anymore. She has a well-check scheduled on Monday morning.
Just over 24 hours until Hubbie is home. I have even been able to talk to him several times today. He was taking a poll at camp on whether we should have more kids or not. I told him the ones that vote yes need to start sending money for therapy and medication. Layton actually said we needed another baby girl today. I asked her if she thought I could handle that. She said yes. Well, at least her faith in me is better than I would have imagined. Back to hubbie, there was not cell service at the camp in the mountains this past week so only got to talk to him a few times during the week when they ran into town. He is officially in civilization now. Life is much easier just knowing I can talk to him and that he is praying for us. He preaches at a church tomorrow and then heads home tomorrow night. God was so faithful at camp...86 campers, 13 students saved, 18 rededicated their lives and 5 surrendered to full-time Christian service. OK this is why we do what we do...even with the chaos. That's why we call it a CIRCUS of love. I just seem to be getting bombarded with the circus part this week...got to focus more on the LOVE!!!

5 comments:

  1. UGH, Kathryn! Lexi has a goose-egg right now too if that makes you feel any better. I'm so sorry! It's almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture! Glad your hubby is almost home. You are amazing - God is amazing! See you soon, friend!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. may i please use your tooshie as a pillow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds exhausting! Your attitude amazes me! It is so encouraging that you handle things so well! I'd love to meet up with you at the park - just let me know when you feel like getting out of the house :) My email is homewardhearts AT gmail . com We are trying to go at least once a week - and we also found another one just 2 blocks from our house that has tennis courts, so we hope to go there frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading your blog, I feel an idiot to complain about anything!

    So sorry about the slip & slide!

    ReplyDelete