Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Home is where my Hubbie is!!!

We are so glad John is home!!!! He got in around 1 a.m. Monday. In order for us not to have to pay a a mortgage payment for leaving John's car at the airport, my Mom and kids and I took John's car to the parking garage at the airport Sunday evening. I thought I had explained to the kids that we were leaving Daddy's car so he could come home later. However, I suppose our three year old didn't process that properly. As we were leaving the property, she wails, "We didn't find Daddy!!!!!!" She was distraught to say the least. Though she was frustrated with having to go to bed before Daddy got home it only took her a few minutes to fall asleep. I wasn't sure after the episodes over going to bed during this past week.

The kids came down for their planned pounce on Dad somewhere around 6:30 in the morning. They were beyond excited. We couldn't bear parting with each other that morning so we all went to Cheney's well check together. Can you imagine all 6 of us in a little room at the doctor's office? It is kind of funny. But we just weren't going to be separated for anything. We had a fun lunch at Pizza Hut. Then John went to work at the office for a while in the afternoon. It was funny. The kids were sad when they woke up and Dad wasn't there.

We are scurrying around here trying to get laundry done and clothes picked out for our trip to the beach. Myrtle Beach. Yes I family is going to South Carolina to go to the beach. We have not been to the beach in maybe 2 years. YES, we live less than an hour from a Florida beach and it has been 2 years. John grew up going to Myrtle Beach and he is going to be volunteering with for Beachfest (with the Luis Pulau organization like the Orlando Festival) the first weekend but then we have the whole next week to hang as a family at the beach. Hopefully my mom-in-law/love is coming over for few days. We are taking a sweet college gal with us to help out with the kids. Woohoo!!!!!!!!! I just need to get a suit and some shorts tomorrow and I will be set!!!!

3 comments:

  1. the truck is packed. everybody go pee and let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds fun - enjoy your family time! And way to go with the helper - that will make things even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love when daddy comes home! What a celebration! I'll have to keep that in mind when Thad goes on his 10 day trip next week!
    have a fun beach time!

    ReplyDelete