well, john got back from n.c. on friday. the kids and i spent thurs. through sunday at the condos with all my family. john joined us on saturday. my brother got hitched. it was a beautiful wedding...WOW! my little bro is married. i was 11 when he was born so i am feeling very old now. i mean i changed quite a few of that boy's diapers. tonight, we host our annual praise and fundraiser event called "provision."
john had a good week up in n.c. probably not the size of crowd that he was anticipating at the provision that he held up there but really for a first time and not living in that area 50 people is a great turn out in my opinion. i was so blessed by those up there in n.c. that worked so hard to make it a success, my mother-in-law and father-in-law especially. God is doing some cool things. stretching our faith in many ways. we just keep trusting Him to show us His plan for us.
so i have made it through most of the crazy schedule...just gotta get through provision to night and then we can all crash tomorrow and I can start backing off the caffiene.
oh...my kids behaved wonderfully through all of the events over the past week. Our friend, the wooden spoon, went every where with us but honestly I don't even remember having to use it. the first couple of days at home using it quite frequently whipped them into shape. Pun intended. :) layton did a great job with her flower girl duties, elijah did a great job letting layton have her special time in the limelight and cheney and nathaniel really enjoyed the nursery during the ceremony. i enjoyed wiping my eyes without having to bounce a baby on my hip. my aunt was baby holder extraordanaire for us during the reception. what a blessing. I will post pictures as soon as i get some off of my mom and sister's cameras. I had too many kids to chase to take pics.
"our friend, the wooden spoon" - hahaha - don't I know it! Boy does he get around cause he's made several trips with us too!
ReplyDeleteour wooden's spoon is named Rodney, named after the Biblical term of "the rod" of course. We are frequent users of the rod of correction, or Rodney, as we have named him, who drives out the "foolishness in our hearts."
ReplyDeleteI am very happy with my hair! It was my first time at that salon, and I'm definitely going to use her again. Who is the lady that did your hair? Is that the one you usually use? I know what you mean about the hair color - it took me forever to get back to my "natural" color. It was great seeing you - I hope to run into you again!
ReplyDelete