+of+December+2007+gracie%27s+b-day+087.jpg)
Well, our little man will be two weeks old tomorrow. WOW!!! That seems like a long time and yet it feels like a very fast blur. Last night, Nathaniel actually had a night where he went back to sleep after each feeding. Except for the fact the one feeding lasted from 1:30 until 3:30 because I kept falling asleep it was a pretty good night. Maybe that was his Christmas present to me. Despite the fact that I realized I had a kidney infection on Christmas Eve, we had a great holiday.
Thankfully I got into the doctor this morning. Can I tell you I hate prescription medicine? The first medicine that the doctor wanted to put me on is a form of Sulpha (sp?) antibiotic which I am allergic to. So she decided on another one which I asked very specifically about breastfeeding and she left the room to check on it and came back and said it was a B drug which should be OK. But then when I got the medication, it specifically says on the side of the bottle...Don't use if breastfeeding. UGH!!! So I called the doctor's office back to check on it but the doctor was already gone for the day at 2:30...holiday hours. UGH...again. So I am taking the medication because the spasms in my kidney were just a bit too much. I am still breastfeeding because if I give Nathaniel a bottle he gets all constipated and it so uncomfortable. He can't have regular formula because it has milk products in it and has to have soy formula which totally stops him up. All my kids have been this way. And I can't have dairy or it hurts his tummy as well. And I don't just mean gas...he doesn't sleep and has awful mucousy poopies. Poor little boy. I actually had baked goods at Grandma's yesterday and it kicked in with him about 6:00 a.m. this morning. I felt so bad. NO MORE MILK or Butter...I promise. Do you know milk is in a whole lot of things? UGH!! Now I gotta have self control with what I eat.
SO I am trying to trust in Dr. Huang that she checked the right thing and it is OK for me to take this drug and get better while nursing my son. Why does this stuff seem so stressful? Probably the lack of sleep.
On a much more positive note...My dear sweet husband has totally stepped it up this past week. He really worked hard around here...doing laundry and dishes and trying to keep some order around this house. I just really struggle in the first few weeks to get my milk supply going and then with this kidney infection have just been worn out.
Typically I get up and go into the living room and nurse and then put Nathaniel back to bed in the dining room at night rather than pulling him into bed with us. I figure at least one of us should get some good sleep. On Saturday night...I was so tired and we had been to my mom's for most of the day for my neice's birthday party and I had missed my nap and my milk supply was so low...John actually slept on the couch and let me and Nathaniel have the bed. Honestly, I think this night of snuggling and nursing is what got my milk on track. I have been producing much better. Even after missing a nap yesterday I was able to keep Nathaniel satisfied. WooHoo!!!
Well...my days have been filled with nursing and napping and trying to keep up with my four kids and husband and holiday stuff...not sure when we will start school again...though my kids are begging for it.
Keep at it, girl. Things will get smooth before you know it. I'm praying for you!
ReplyDeletei love you. you are an amazing example of the sacrificial love of Christ in how you have devoted yourself to nathaniel. it will all pay-off.
ReplyDelete