Friday, December 14, 2007

Nathaniel's birthday!!!

Well, I wouldn't go to bed Wednesday night until I finished folding all the clean clothes in the house. I didn't get them put away but they were clean and folded. And I showed John how to use the video camera. We discussed that he need to pack a bag just in case but I told him that he would have hours to do this...little did I know.

I woke up early in the morning thinking I was just aching because I had actually slept 5 hours before having to get up and go to the restroom. Then I thought maybe that wasn't just an ache and I should see what time it was. 4:28 .am. Then at 4:31... a conatraction...at 4:34 another. JOHN, I need you!!!! We called Bon-Bon (Bonnie Moye) and asked her to come over. And John scrambled around to gather some necessities and took out the trash...I appreciated the gesture but who needs to take out the trash...we need to go to the hospital. We drove to hospital in Kissimmee. I wasn't paying attention to the speed limit so I am not sure if we broke any speed limits but I did almost told John to run a red light.

We got to the hospital at 5;10. I was so glad we pre-registered until they made us go through it all over again....huh? I think I had the gal at registration a bit nervous...with my deep breathing. They took me up to triage and actually had the gall to ask me to pee in a cup...WHAT I can hardly stand up and you want me to hold a cup and pee into it. Well, that didn't happen. So they checked me...9 cm. And then told me to get off the bed and back into the wheel chair. OK...Lord...I need your grace here.

We got into our delivery room at 5;45...our dear sweet Dr. Hartman arrived and said are you ready to push. After maybe 4 pushes and a lot of encouragement from the 4 nurses, Nathaniel True was born at 6:02 a.m. on Thursday, December 13th, weighing 8 pounds 2 ounces at a length of 2o inches.

So Nathaniel apparently decided to listen to his father's pleading to get here soon. Who would have thought it woudl have been that fast. Quite an amazing experiencing. If we have any more kids we will have to stay in an RV in the hospital parking lot for the last few weeks.

Well, Just wanted to share our exciting story of Nathaniel's arrival into this world.

Oh by the way... our girls have birthdays on the 3rd of their month while the boys have birthdays on the 13th...We may have to stop now...how can you keep up with that.

We are praising God for our little man. The kids met him today. It was so sweet.

4 comments:

  1. praise God!!! you did an amazing job!

    he sure is a handsome little fellow. kind of reminds me of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok you get some kind of award for blogging the day after you gave birth!! You are THE WOMAN!!Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I was excited yesterday when I received John's email saying that Nathaniel had been born on the 13th!
    Twinkling for Jesus,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! The birthday's are so great - easy to remember! We have 4 of us on th 24th, and our 7 month old shares my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete