Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Are you having twins?

OK...so I know my belly is BIG, HUGE, ENORMOUS and any other words you can come up with for EXTREMELY GREAT WITH CHILD. But men should know not to ask..."Are you having twins?" Even extremely dense ones. Saturday night our family went to a UCF basketball game and the guy behind us asked that question as we were leaving. I just laughed and told him, no and that I was due anyday now.

I know 2 weeks until the due date shouldn't seem like forever, but it does. So to compensate, I have decided that Nathaniel is not coming. That way I don't have to be so anxious and can just be surprised when he decides to join us. If I could just get John to stop asking if we are having a baby every 10 minutes. We are all so excited. I have everything ready for Nathaniel except a clean house. That part I do have trouble keeping up with. But his bedroom is set up (translated...I put up the pack and play in the corner of the dining room). We were blessed with a new pack and play with a bassinet feature by our dear friend Beth. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. This will be Nathaniel's bed for a while until I feel comfortable moving him upstairs with Elijah. And I can move him around where ever in the house as needed.

I keep running through my mind all the things that need to be done before a baby comes. I have diapers, wetwipes, vaseline, alcohol, and q-tips by the changing table. I have washed baby boy clothes in some drawers in my dresser. My bag is packed and in the back of the suburban with the baby carrier. The video camera is charged. There are extra batteries for the digital camera. My boppy pillow and covers are washed. The only thing I can think of that I don't have is a pacifier. But I figure I won't try one of those for at least a couple of weeks. Elijah wouldn't ever take one. I remember buying one of every brand until realizing I had wasted all that money and he would only use me as a pacifier. Sometimes you do what ya' gotta do, you know. I need to boil the parts of the breast pump that need boiling and maybe some baby bottles. I keep thinking in the back of my mind that maybe I won't need them this time. If I live like I won't need them, maybe we won't have the same issues we had with Layton and Cheney and nursing and pumping. Oh...I still have to show John how to use the video camera...probably ought to do that before I am in labor. Bon-Bon is on call for kid duty...our family tradition when we deliver babies. That way my mom can come to the hospital for the delivery and not have to watch grandkids at home. I have purchased a little gift for each of the kids from Nathaniel to say thanks for being a big brother and sister and they have picked out little things for him to welcome him to the family...baby socks, slippers and tiny caps.

I had some strong encouragement to have Nathaniel yesterday...it was my mother-in-law's mother's birthday. That would have been neat. Now that we missed the 10th...the next day that has been voted for delivery is the 13th. You see...Layton and Cheney were both born on the 3rd day of their months and Elijah was born on a 13th. Wouldn't be too funny to two girls born on the 3rd and two boys born on 13ths? Or I suppose we could actually go until the 23rd of the month...so that they could all be 3 days since our ministry is called 3 degrees, inc.

So as you can tell I am being "very successful" (notice sarcastic tone) at pretending that Nathaniel isn't coming...HA, HA, HA!!!

So girls...do you see anything I haven't done yet??

6 comments:

  1. i will stop asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathryn!! I feel your longing...I think one of the hardest things is waiting for baby! Hugs to you!

    I'm so glad you found my blog!!

    It's fun to keep up with you and your life!

    Praying peace for you in these last few moments! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're way more on the ball than I was. When I went into labor #2, I still had to DO the laundry in order to pack the bag. By the time we finally got packed and to the hospital, I was 30 min away from delivery (little did I know!) Almost had one of those red-light babies in the car!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should probably take a nap or 10.
    Twinkling for Jesus,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are ready!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I would say that the only thing you have left to do is have the baby but I just got the e-mail that said you did!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can you tell we're excited for you??????? And on the 13th!!!!!! How cool is that???????????? OK, I'm going a little crazy on the punctuation but I'm just so happy for you!!!!!!!! Thank you, Lord for blessing this world with another Evan's baby, a soldier for you!!!
    Congrats Evan's fam!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete