Thursday, December 6, 2007

Nathaniel News

Saw the good ol' Doc today and ...No C-section necessary!!! Woohoo! Everything looks good to go whenever Nathaniel tries to head on out. I only measured 1 cm which seemed weird because with all of the other 3 by now I was either 3 cm or had the baby. I am truly learning all children are different. Dr. Hartman anticipates it happening quickly when it does happen. So hopefully it will. I lost a pound this week. He said there is an old wives tale that says you are ready to have the baby when you lose a pound. I told him even if he made that up just for me I definitely feel ready to have the baby. The sonogram technician did the measurements and calculated Nathaniel to be only 6 lbs. and 9 oz. Not that you hear that those measurements are accurate very often but that would make him a small baby for us...like Layton. Layton (3 weeks early)- 6-5...Elijah (3 weeks early) 7-7 and Cheney (1 week early) 9-6. So maybe Nathaniel does need to cook in there a little longer.

Well, Carri-friend is coming over to watch the kids for us tonight so we can finalize our Christmas shopping. It may be a last chance to hang out just the two of us. You know how it is after the baby comes. For a while you take it everywhere you go.

Thanks for your prayers in all of this. As ready as I am for the pregnancy to be over...I still am amazed that we are going to add another human to our Evans' clan. Here is a copy of one of our sonogram pics from Tuesday. I hope you can decipher his sweet kissable lips and what looks like big pudgy cheeks. I tried to attach it here but isn't working...I'll try to post later.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome news! Don't forge that the ultrasound can be 2 pounds off (on either end). They said Jaxson was around that weight about where you are now and he was 9.7 so you could still have a biggin! :) Enjoy your night! I'm soooo excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay stop with the cute picture! I thought I was DONE having kids and then I see pictures like that and it totally makes my ovaries dance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...Heather...I am thinking you need a little boy to dress in an Aggie football uniform alongside your cheerleaders. It would be so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that picture is incredible!! great news... we can't wait!

    p.s. i'm with jess- you can't trust those ultrasound guesses...

    ReplyDelete