
- Proverbs 31:25-27 (NIV) "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."
- So no more excuses...wisdom on my tongue...will be the words of the verses below.
- No more excuses that I am tired...I can't be lazy in discpilining my children even if I am the only one at home doing it...this moment has been given to me by God...it is time for me to train these precious children up in the way that they should go. Somehow..I vow not to worry at night. God is in control even when John is out of town.
Here are the verses I printed out on a sheet of paper to carry around with me and use in correcting my kiddos. I feel like they hit just about every issue we deal with in one way or another. Anyway, It is a list that I can work on right now for the next few days.
· Romans 12:10 “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
· Ephesians 4:29 “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
· Galatians 6:9 "Let us not be weary in well-doing , for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (KJV)
· Psalm 101:3 "I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes." (KJV)
· Psalm 90:12 "So teach us to number our days..." (KJV) “ Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom.”(NLT)
· Psalm 141:3 "Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth..." (NKJV)
· Proverbs 31:25-27 "Strength and honor are her clothing..." (KJV)
· Psalm 121:3 "He who watches over you will not slumber." (NIV)
· Ephesians 4:26 "Let not the sun go down upon your wrath." (KJV)
· I Corinthians 14:40 "Let all things be done decently..." (KJV) (NIV)But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.
· Psalm 127:4 (NIV) “Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth”
· Proverbs 17:1 “A meal of bread and water in contented peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.” (message)
· Luke 6:31 " Do to others as you would have them do to you” (NIV)
· (message) Here is a simple rule of thumb for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you; then grab the initiative and do it for them! If you only love the lovable, do you expect a pat on the back?
· Proverbs 20:3 "Any fool can start a quarrel." (NKJV) (message) “It's a mark of good character to avert quarrels, but fools love to pick fights.”
So you may want to pray for me...I am going to see if I can get this three ring circus going in the right direction :!
you have my prayers, my husband travels a lot too - so its always hittig my knees because its much easier to let things slide "because daddy is gone" than to continue disciplining, when you're exhausted! You've got a great heart - keep pressing!
ReplyDeleteWell said, Kathryn. You sure are on the right track. I will be praying for you in this, my friend :)
ReplyDeletegood ideas! I too struggle with this as Lance is gone most of the summer as well - ahh, the life of these youth guys! Hang in there, girl! I'll be praying!
ReplyDeleteIf your little monkeys get all good and trained, can they still hang out with my little wild monkeys???
ReplyDeleteI love Proverbs!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sharing your heart and your encouragement. We have felt like we are in the same boat.
God keeps reminding me to pray for them daily.
And also, we have gotten to a ZERO tolerance policy to bring order back into the house. 2 days of spk. for offenses has turned this zoo around! :)
And God's word never comes back void.