Sunday, June 28, 2009

Quick snippets

Praise the Lord!!! John's back home after having been out of town 3 out of the last 4 weeks. Out 2, home 1 and then out 1. Approximately 70 kids (that we know about) in New Mexico decided to trust their hearts to Jesus for the first time at the camps this past month. Praise God!

We are having a girl...most of you probably know this from facebook. Oakley Hope Evans. Cheney turned 4 on June 3rd. Layton turns 8 on July 3rd. John is voting we induce Oakley on October 3rd. I am not fond of induction maybe God will bring her naturally then. The boys both have birthdays on the 13ths. Weird, I know.

The kids and I all had a case of the summer flu this past week..all except Cheney. Somehow she has missed it so far. Hopefully it is skipping her. John asked the kids today what we did all week while he was gone. Their answer, "watch movies, eat and sleep." Seriously...that is what our week entailed. Sad, I know but we were all just sooo tired. Praise God, we have moved through the fever stage and are left coughing and hacking up stuff now.

Prayer concern---only that God would take care of all the details about our house....His will not ours!!!! A snag in the buyer's lender situation so we are still waiting to here if our close is a definite go. That means we haven't rented anything up in East Orlando yet. Only 19 days until close if it is going to happen. I haven't packed a box yet. But this next week I am at least going to starting going through and getting rid of junk we don't need. I suppose like I did in February and got rid of all the baby stuff at our yard sale 3 days before I found out I was pregnant. LOL! God provides. God is in control of all this. I am not going to stress.

PTL...Oakley is doing extremely well. Everything looks healthy for her. I am dealing with the normal aches and pains of a 5th pregnancy at age 37. A few minor issues with me...Going to have my gal bladder checked Tuesday because of some pain there. I also have a recurring urinary tract infection. Going to finish out my pregnancy on an antibiotic. Nothing serious really. The kids are enjoying rubbing the baby belly and talking to Oakley. I wonder how Nathaniel is processing it all at 18 monhts. We point to my belly and he says "belly" and "baby." He is probably thinking that mom of mine is crazy...that is not a baby. Who is she kidding, I know what a baby is?

Well Cheney just came down stairs to go potty. Guess I am not the only one who couldn't sleep at 2 a.m. in our house tonight.
Well...I spoke too soon. Cheney has her fever now. 101.8. So another 3 days of fever if it goes like the other kids. She is sooo sweet with her cool cloth on her head going back to sleep on the couch. All my kids have really done so well with this week. I am praising God I skipped the fever with this one since I am pregnant.

2 comments:

  1. Will be praying for health to return for your kids! The 3rd isn't a bad day, I'm Feb 3rd!! Take care - I had yeast infections my entire last pregnancy, so not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I feel like we are living similar lives on the opposite ends of the Americas. I am sorry to hear about the chronic UTI. I had that with Avery and had to be on antibiotics for almost a year straight b/c we couldn't get rid of them. Oct 3. sounds good since that is my due date and I am assuming, if following Jaxson and Avery's patterns, that the baby will come on the 2nd or 3rd! HOw cool if they shared a b-day! :)

    Miss you ! Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete