I think of those 5 kernels of corn. Was that really all those pilgrims had? And they really thanked God for it. I am amazed. I am in awe...I am utterly ashamed.
At first I think, "My children are so ungrateful." And then I realize I am only seeing a version of myself in them. I have trained them this way...not UP unto the Lord but down into themselves.
I must change myself if I am to see change in them. I must be thankful for HIM and express that HE is all we need. I must seek HIM every moment to do this. Because in and of myself I am utterly selfish.
AMEN -aren't we all! We expect so much more from our kids, but the apple does not fall far from the tree! I cringe when Jake flips thru a catalog pointing to all the stuff he wants, and I realize as I'm doing the same thing out of a Southern Living mag!! :<
ReplyDeleteIt is so on us to keep being that living example! hard stuff, but better for them!!