I went to see Dr. Hartman today to check on baby Nathaniel. I measured at 40 weeks and I am only 37 weeks. So it looks like Nathaniel has the potential to be big like Cheney was (9lbs. 6oz. a week early). I figured the doc would check to see if I had dilated any but he said he wanted to do another sonogram before he did anything that might cause labor. He said yesterday he delivered a baby of a lady who has had the same placenta previa issues as I have had and she ended up with complications even though the placenta had appeared to be out of the way. So he wanted to check the position of my placenta again. He wants to make sure that even after I reach 10 cm. that it will still not be in the way. So now we have a sonogram scheduled for Tuesday (the only day his office does sonograms) and then follow up with him on Thursday. Depending on the results of the sonogram we will discuss the possibilities... a scheduled c-section, a scheduled induction if Nathaniel looks really big, or just waiting until he comes naturally.
So please pray for a clear view of the placenta next Tuesday and an accurate estimated weight of Nathaniel. I suppose we should also pray for God's perfect timing in delivering Nathaniel perhaps waiting until after we have all these additional issues resolved. I suppose if I started having contractions this week I would need to head to the hospital fairly quickly so they can address these issues before we start delivery.
Thanks for your prayers ladies.
Kathryn
Somehow I missed this blog a few days ago! I trust Dr. Hartman and he won't lead you down the wrong path! :) Please let us know how it goes on Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jess
Hey Kathryn-it's Steffanie Ansbaugh (Kitty's sister-in-law). I love reading your blog. You will be in my prayers for a peaceful last few weeks/days of your pregnancy.
ReplyDelete