I have had some requests for what is going on in the life of the Evans' family. This is the fastest way I can think about doing it...blog or facebook about it.
Well on Tuesday Sept. 1st, we will be in this house for 3 weeks. How did I end up with so much stuff? We were going to get rid of stuff in the packing process but that didn't really happen. I am missing the old neighborhood and friends that we had back at the old house but truly enjoying the extra bedroom and having 2 1/2 baths here. We have the essentials unpacked but I am still working on hanging curtains and figuring out what decorations really need to go up in a rental house. It is feeling more like home though.
We just finished a great 1st week of homeschool for the 09-10 year!!!
Both the kids and I are enjoying it.
Oakley News...
I will be 34 weeks on Sunday. The doc said on Wednesday that her head is down and should stay that way. He is hopeful that I will make it until 37 weeks now that my progesterone levels have started to rise a little- first time this pregnancy!!! I will continue shots 2x a week and daily taking progesterone until 37 weeks just to make sure. John is going to be out of town the entire 37th week so I hope to make it until 38 weeks. The kids and I will stay with my parents in Kissimmee that week just in case. Even though we have moved up to the "Big City" we are staying with the same doctor in Kissimmee so that means there is about an hour drive from our house to get to the hospital. Considering that there was only about 2 hours between contractions starting and Nathaniel's delivery that could make things a little tricky. Doc is going to investigate the options of inducing me. UGH! I am not fond of induction but that is better than having Oakley in the car on the way to the hospital. LOL!
And it does look like Oakley will have a car seat and clothes to wear. You might remember I got rid of almost all our baby stuff 3 days before I found out I was pregnant. A local pregnancy center has offered for us to come pick out whatever we might need for sweet baby Oakley. Praise The LORD! I had only kept the pack and play/bassinet, baby blankets, a few memory outfits and our single and double strollers. As you can imagine I am greatly humbled and truly blessed by this offer from the pregnancy center to support us in ministry this way! I literally cry everytime I think about it.
Kid News:
The kids are enjoying the new house. Layton is especially enjoying the fact that she got to put together her dollhouse that she had received for her birthday from Mamaw, Papaw and Mom and Dad. We have met 6 kids in the neighborhood. Layton(8) is still the oldest of the kids we have met so far.
Latyon got baptized a couple of weeks ago. She had asked Jesus into her heart just before her 5th birthday. So exciting. Elijah(6) is requesting to be baptized as well but he is still grasping the reason behind baptism so it will be a little while. Cheney(4) said she prayed to ask Jesus in her heart during VBS a few weeks ago too. There is a lot of spiritual growth taking place in these sweet little ones and we are seeking to guide them in the way they should go.
Ministry News:
We are basically 3 minutes from UCF- University of Central Florida! John's heart has been drawn to minister to this area and that is the reason for our move. We are really seeking God to see how He wants to use us to reach this area for Him. John is involved with different athletic events building relationships and has already spoken at the BCM year kick-off meeting. Connections are happening in little ways but I feel like God has big plans for them. A UCF football player told John this past week he wanted to do a bible study with him. What a cool "in"!
John continues to minister to students all over the nation through 3degrees. He will be traveling 2 weeks in September. We are currently serving at a mobile church about 20 miles south of us. The pastor and his wife are helping us walk through this transition into the new ministry God has called us too...whatever that may look like we aren't quite sure at the moment. We are just seeking to be faithful to what we feel God has called us too. He will reveal the details. It is an exciting time.
I have to say it is probably the most faith-filled walk we have taken as a family thus far. This time in our country is not a time for a non-profit organization to thrive but God keeps providing for our family at just the right times. He keeps using John to change lives for eternity.
I haven't had time to post pictures or videos lately. The time it takes to get school done, cook & clean, organize the rest of the unpacking and try to rest just doesn't leave much time for anything else these days. Maybe the next time I get on the computer I can post pics of the house and video of Layton's baptism...but no promises.
Lots of exciting things going on for you guys! I would still love to serve you, Kathryn, however I can. It sounds weird but I really love doing other people's laundry. So if I could do at least that for you, I would be thrilled. Just let me know... anything... really! You know how to reach me.
ReplyDeleteHey Kathryn. So good to hear from you on my blog. I was excited to read your update. I never did hear what you were having so I was excited to hear that it's a girl!! I can't believe how close you are now- yeah- you must be so excited!
ReplyDeleteThe college thing- somehow it was just the right time. We have been praying about it for two years. As busy as our home life is, we don't have many outside activities (read: no friends) so we find we have more time than most. Us country folk...
I'm really just trying to take it one day at a time and sometimes that requires my days to end at 12:30 AM- but not too often:)
Anyway, we love and miss each of you! Hugs from all of us to all of you. That should leave a couple extra hugs so disperse them wherever they're needed most!