After yesterday's post, I just want you do know I am praising God for His grace and love. I am so thankful for His provision. 3 months of samples of meds that help stabilize the craziness in my body. Praise God.
I had such a sweet time with my girls this morning. Hubbie took the Dynamo to the office with him. While the baby napped, the girls and I put away last nights load of dishes and started today's load. We folded towels and put away a mountain of clothes that had accumulated in their room from our trip and the never ending weather changes here in Florida. I believe it was 80 here today. It was freezing here around Halloween and today it is near 80???
Anyway, we are striving to incorporate the kids into our daily chores. Yes they are 7, 5, and 3 but they are a part of this family and should help. So this morning we talked about how we can have a good attitude while doing anything...even folding laundry every day and doing dishes EVERY DAY...emphasis there because I am the one that needs to remember this and I hope to teach it to my girls BEFORE it is burden like it is for me. We read 1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
Encouraged by a recent blog from A Holy Experience I was inspired to think about all these things that we do as mother's...things that won't make a difference in eternity but somehow I am supposed to do them for the GLORY of the LORD!!! So my 7-year old and I talked about how to do that today. How to fold clothes with a good attitude or even praying. We talked about how we could pray and thank God that we had the clothes (most of them given to us as hand-me-downs or as gifts) or pray for the people that had given them to us or we could pray for the people that would be wearing them. It was such a sweet time. I hope my daughter will catch this vision in life before she is 36. It will serve her well!!!
great idea - I definitely need to be thankful for all our dishes every time I have to wash a pot! People are starving in other countries we have so much extra I can let spaghetti sauce or eggs cake on the bottom of a pot to be scrubbed!
ReplyDeletehumbled!