Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Our trip to the circus...

John has been claiming that our home is a circus of love for quite some time now and I can't think of a better way to describe it. That is what inspired my blog's name change and new look a while back. John also loves to go to the circus. Before I met John, I had only been to the circus one time. I have been 3 times with John. Once even before we had kids, he surprised me with a trip to the circus. He has fond memories of going to the circus with his Mom. So we are continuing the tradition with our family. On the side bar over there, I posted some pictures of our most recent trip to the circus. It was on January 13th. Nathaniel was one month old. He nursed and slept through the entire event. We ent an hour before it started and got to see the elephants, tigers, lamas, and ponies outside. Then we got to go down on the floor and walk around with clowns and try on some outfits and get very close to some small shows by acrobats and animals. Apparently, I forgot to get anyone to take a picture that included me and Nathaniel. We had a great time at the circus though.

Here is how my children summed up their trip to the circus when asked what their favorite part was...
Layton - the girl clown
Elijah - the guy that rode the motorcycle up on the wire
Cheney - the elephants' POOPIE!!!
Yes ladies and gentlemen while the elephants were out on the floor they deposited immense ammounts of...well...yes...POOPIE. And that my friends was my youngest daughter's favorite part of the circus. Now even over a month later if you ask her what her favorite part of the circus was she will very excitedly and determinedly say "the elephant's poopie. "









3 comments:

  1. Wow looks like yall had a great time!! How was your anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! We love the circus, but we haven't been in years - you definitely reminded me to plan on going next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny about Cheney! loved the pictures but, yes, it eould have been nice to see you and Nathaniel:)

    ReplyDelete