Now...I just got back from
. Where I ate a supreme personal pan pizza without cheese. BTW it was soooooo gooood to me. I asked the waitress...Mrs. Carol. We used to see her about once a week there but not as much anymore. But anyway...asked dear sweet Mrs. Carol...if there was any dairy in the crust or Parmesan in the sauce. Her answer was No. So I thought well I will be OK. But then I after I got home I figured I would go to the website and check it out. I thought about doing this before we went but I just forgot while getting 4 kids ready. I should have checked Anyway...Pizza Hut crust does have milk allergens in them. The red sauce doesn't but the meat products can.I had a friend that just emailed me recently sharing that she had the same issue with one of her babies and that she lived on a very limited diet. I am thinking just about all processed foods are out of the question. With as fussy as it makes Nathaniel I have to commit to being very thorough about this and stop being lazy and assuming things are OK. He hasn't had a normal poopie in his life. Since that first dark brown tarry stuff, the poor boy has not had a poopie that wasn't all mucous-y. If that is even a word...and probably more information than you need. AT least it is not as bad as I have heard some babies have had with blood in their stools. I just wonder if I keep aggravating it if his issues will get worse.
I do have to say that it is a good thing that I do nurse and have at least limited milk proteins until now. If I didn't nurse, the regular formula and soy formula would have him all messed up. I did see a formula made without soy or milk products for this kind of situation but it was about 28 dollars a can. Don't think that is a figure that would fit into our budget very well.
So gals...self-discipline with food has always been an issue with me and now my son's comfort depends on it...and my sanity if he isn't going to cry constantly, Please pray that I would have self-discipline and take the time to research my food and spend the time preparing it rather than popping something questionable into the oven/microwave from a box that might be questionable. The meals that came from my MOPS friends this past week have been so helpful. They have done a great job of sending non-dairy items to my house...THANKS!!!
Oh btw, items at
that do NOT have milk allergens in them are the red sauce, red crushed pepper and ketchup. MMMMMM tasty. OH... I shouldn't forget to mention that I can and will only have a salad next time. I just need to do some research on the dressings but I should be safe with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, broccolli, and sunflower seeds. I could use just oil and vinegar. Man, I should start loosing weight here pretty quickly.
UGH! Bless your heart! I coulnd't do it. Looks like you'll be eating at home for a while huh? Sounds like the safe bet. I'll email you the recipe for the taco soup. "Soup"er easy and economical!!!
ReplyDelete