http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfxL0S-7yVo&feature=related
I may be the last one in Christian circles to have heard this song but I still had to share it... Steven Curtis Chapman's song, Cinderella. Our dear sweet Carrie-friend sent it to me today along with this pic of Layton from a couple Halloween's ago. (2005)
Even though it is from the Dad's perspective, I cried. It inspired me to just play with my kids tonight while I nursed Nathaniel in his sling instead of planting myself in the recliner. So we had a "slumber" party before bed...all of us in our PJ's. We played Connect 4 and Simon Says. We sat in the kids sleeping bags and read books. I needed this reminder to soak up my kids. This pic was from Halloween 2007. Don't they look like fun!!!

Thanks Carriann!!! You know my kids love you. You only come after Grandma when it comes to being their favorite babysitter!!!!
Cute Cute!
ReplyDeleteI got me some Cinderella's too. Last year for her birthday, Lexi went to the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique for a princess makeover and she picked out the Aurora dress. But they were fresh out of Aurora shoes so she had to get Cinderella shoes. She still reminds me of that, almost a year later.
We've instituted a family game night once a week because we decided we don't play together as a family enough. It's on Friday nights unless we have something going on, in which case we do it on Saturday nights. It's been so fun. Even though my kids aren't really old enough to follow the rules of games, they just enjoy that the attention is on them and it's fun stuff.
:-) how awesome! what an encouragement to me to do the same thing! it's so easy for me to get caught up in all that "has" to be done.
ReplyDeletewhat sling did you settle on?? is it working like you hoped??
hope all is going well!!
Oh wow!! I have never seen/heard that. I can't wait to show Casey. It hit me like it hit you. We played Twister earlier tonight and I read with my Annie Cinderella. What a joyous evening but oh, how much more I need to do those things. THANK YOU for the reminder!!! I just need to watch that everyday :)
ReplyDelete(I have a baby sling too and use it almost everyday. I love it!!! Wish I'd had it with all the babies.)