Elijah is my sweet sensitive boy. Most people say that when a boy is sensitive that he is a momma's boy but that's not true of Elijah. He got his sensitivity from John. And those that know me well know I fall short on the sensitivity scale. God is using Elijah to make me more sensitive.
He is my cuddler. He is a sweet helper. He is almost always thinking of others...well maybe except when he is hungry...which is starting to seem like all the time. He is tall and skinny. Really just muscles and bones. He is pretty tall for a 4 year old. He outweighs his older sis by 2 pounds these days and is taller than her too. Shhh...don't let Layton know that. She still thinks she is the biggest.
It is so cute even as a two year old when he would come to get his cup out of the fridge he would grab Layton's cup for her too. I suppose he figured if he was thirsty she might be too. He has always been a fan of Cheney. He has always cuddled and hugged her almost to the point of frustration well at many times to the point of frustration for Cheney. John asked him one time why he always touched and pestered Cheney and Elijah just said, "Because I love her, Dad."
He has often told me he loves me because I am soft and warm. He sometimes wakes up from nap and crawls up to snuggle with me if I am still trying to rest. He is a people person like his da. He doesn't like to go anywhere by himself. He doesn't like to play by himself. He always wants someone with him. The first thing he said when we found out we were having a little boy this time was..."Now I have somebody to share my room with!" He had been so concerned before we found out it was a little brother in my belly that he had offered to share his room even if it was a little sister.
He loves to have tea parties with his sisters and then run out and hit the baseball around the yard. He wants to be a ball-gamer when he grows up. And if you ask him what kind of ball gamer he will tell you, baseball, football, soccer, golf, and basketball. Any sport you can think of he wants to play. He has told John he thinks he could be the best baseball gamer in the world one day. How's that for confidence?
It is funny though he has hit this timid stage. He has stopped enjoying riding fast on his bike and he doesn't want to swing high on the swings. I am not too worried about it. Layton went through this same kind of thing about the same age and now she is trying to figure out how to swing over the top bar of the swing set. I really think if she could go completely over she would.
Elijah can't wait until Nathaniel joins us outside my belly. He finally got to feel his little brother move and kick him the other day. He got so excited. I wonder if Elijah realizes he is not going to come out with the ability to throw a football or wrestle on the Big Bed. They will be close to five years apart but I think Elijah is going to be a great big brother to his little bro. He will be a great example of how to be sweet and tough at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment