Saturday, October 27, 2007

Cheney-isms

For awhile one of Cheney's favorite things was to say, "Me a baby." And if I replied,"No, you are my big girl," she very adamantly said, "No, me a baby." Her stern little tone was so cute. With Nathaniel due to arrive as the new baby in the family some time in the next 8 weeks, I was starting to worry how she would feel about sharing the baby role in the family. Fortunately she is changing her opinion on this... recently she has begun saying, "Me a putty pincess"-translated pretty princess. Already at 2, she has adapted the princess mentality with some help from big sisi. At first it was just when she had dress ups on but today she said it first thing in the morning while she was still in her pajamas. I have to say I was thankful to hear that her self esteem doesn't come from just what she is wearing. lol.

She is our most encouraging child...as far as using encouraging words herself. She almost always says "tank you" (thank you), and "pease" (please). She frequently offers up an "I yuv you" without being prompted. It is amazing to me how 2 year olds can comprehend love but they do.



Her most frequent phrase lately though is, "I have a toopie," meaning either she has wet or pooped her diaper. I think this is the beginning of potty training for her. She is actually realizing it is uncomfortable. This is a good thing. We send her to the bathroom to climb up on the changing table...since it is hard for me to lift her these days. She is quite the climber. When we change her diaper she often offers sound effects...like, "EEEEEWWWW", or "icky, mommy, icky."

She loves climbing the stairs. She has started climbing them backwards while pulling herself up with the handrail. It is so funny to watch. It takes her quite a bit longer than the normal way but she definitely seems to enjoy it. Today as she was coming down the stairs, she held on to the rail and jumped down each step one at a time. She looked so proud of herself when she reached the bottom. I wondered what was going through her mind.

I think her most favorite thing to do is going to the Big Bed. At least twice a day she finds me or John and says, "Let's go to da big bed." John established this time with our kids from the very beginning. It used to include the whole family climbing into the big bed(mommy and daddy's bed)...tickling, laughing, zurberts, kids jumping or a family pile. Now though I have moved out of the picture somewhat...this big belly makes it a bit harder to tolerate all that bouncing. All our kids love this time.

There are times that John and I wonder if the other kids were as cute as Cheney at this stage but I have come to the realization it is because of Layton and Elijah that she is so cute. So many of the things she does are because she watches her big brother and big sis. She thinks she can do anything they can. She loves to dress up with her big sis and she is a bit tougher than Layton because of Elijah's influence. Whenever John asks who is the funniest in our family, Layton and Elijah always say Cheney and Cheney raises her hand and yells, "Meeeee!"

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I loved reading about Cheney! Her picture is adorable. Thanks for sharing her with those that are too far away to get personal "Cheney Experience".

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheney is easily the cutest under-3-year-old we have financial responsibility over.

    ReplyDelete