Well, my last post was two days before Oakley decided to come.
I started contracting during the early morning Saturday September 19th. I thought that they were Braxton Hicks contractions because they were so irregular and did not feel like serious contractions I had in previous pregnancies. But they started coming kind of regular about 9 minutes apart and I figured I better pack a bag and we should head to the hospital. We live an hour from where our doctor delivers now and I was going to need antibiotics because I had group b strep.
So we called Grandma and Granddad to meet us at the hospital not really sure if we were just going to register or meet Oakley soon. I seriously didn't think I was in labor. It was weird. You would think for the fifth baby that I would have had this stuff figured out. OK...I seriously understand that all pregancies are different.
We passed the kids to Grandma and Granddad and they ended up registering me because I had progressed since Wednesday when the doctor had checked me.
Oakley was born on 9/19/09 at 7:01 pm (19:01 military time) at 7 lbs 14 oz and 19 1/2 inches in length. I was really only in serious labor for the last 30 minutes. Praise God!
Congratulations! She is beautiful! What a neat b-day and stats too!
ReplyDelete